Selecting the Right Security Camera System for Your Home
October 24th, 2019
When you have the right security camera system in place, you will find that it is a great deterrent for burglars. It is a vital way to enhance the security of your home and also gives you the opportunity to be able to monitor your home in real-time from virtually anywhere via your mobile device.
To ensure the best security camera system for your home, follow these steps.
Every home is different and has its own set of security needs. When choosing the best system for your home, consider the layout of the home, the number of entry points you have, the size of the home and property, the value of your assets, as well as your budget.
After collecting this information, you can better determine which security camera system will be the most beneficial for your home and property.
Security Camera Options
Since cameras come in a variety of different sizes and types, you will need to narrow down your choices based on your security needs.
- Box cameras are a larger option and are good for indoor visibility and have variable focal lenses
- Bullet cameras are much smaller and can be used indoors as well as outdoors
- Dome cameras are typically mounted on the ceiling and are covered in tinted glass
Pan-tilt-zoom (PTZ) cameras can be remotely controlled and also come equipped with panoramic capabilities and provide a much wider angle
You will also find other cameras specifically designed for the different areas of the home, and some of them are strictly for indoor or outdoor use.
However, you can find some higher-quality, and often more expensive, cameras that are suitable for a variety of areas indoors and outdoors.
Additional Security Camera Features
After you have chosen the type of camera you want for your home and property, you can then begin to consider additional features that will enhance its functionality and improve security.
- Adjustable cameras are mobile and can tilt and zoom which allow for many viewing angles
- Night vision allows for a better view at night with the use of infrared LEDs
- High-resolution cameras provide you with the absolute best quality image
- With an IP system, you do not need to worry about video cables
- Outdoor cameras should be weatherproofed to withstand the elements
- Remote access is a feature many want because it allows you to remotely view the footage and make any adjustments that may be needed right from your mobile device
Once you understand the exact needs of your home and your property, you will be in a much better position to make a more informed decision on which security camera system will benefit you more.
For example, if you have a larger property, then you will want cameras that are capable of a much wider viewing angle. This also may allow you to cut down on the number of cameras you have to purchase because the angles are wider than with some other cameras.
For more information on your security solution options or for help deciding which security camera system would be best, contact Iowa Surveillance Team today.